Item descriptions describe an item such as reporting on the materials for the roof or the manufacturer of a piece of equipment.
Descriptions have a type. The type can be:
- List: When you want to pick from a list.
- Number: for numeric only fields such as temperature differential on the thermostat
- Yes/No: for fields that can be true of false such as if it was raining the day of the inspection
- Text: for free form alphanumeric fields such as the model number on a piece of equipment
Any field can be single-value or multi-value. Single value fields are used when only one value is possible. An example of this is the manufacturer of a piece of equipment. Multi-value fields are used when more than one value is possible. An example of this is for siding material
To edit item descriptions,
On the Web
- Select the next to the item name that you would like to describe
- Fill in the fields
- To add a new value to a field that is a multi-value fields, select Add New
- To add a new value to a field that is a single-value, type the value in the blank box
On the Mobile Device
- On the Item Detail page, select Description from the upper left
- Depending on the size of your device, you may see one of the following two layouts. To set the description, touch on one of the fields .
- On the first layout, you can swipe between descriptions. One the second one, you can select the next description.
For information about how to add, edit or delete fields, refer to Adding and Editing Descriptions