The RecallChek integration allows the appliance information captured in HomeHubZone to be sent to RecallChek and returns to HomeHubZone a recall report and model and serial number (if applicable).
The appliance information can be sent to RecallChek in one of two methods:
- By entering the manufacturer, model and serial number into HomeHubZone description fields
- By adding a Manufacturer Data Plate observation with a photo to an appliance where RecallChek applies.
Sending Description Fields
- Description fields are sent to RecallChek when the inspection is posted.
- If a definitive Recall is found, within 2 hours, the RecallChek report is attached to the Inspection Report
- The RecallChek report is sent to the buyer 2 days later or as defined by you in your RecallChek preferences
- The photo attached to an observation with the description containing the phrase "data plate" and a manufacturer name completed in the description fields is sent to RecallCheck when the inspection is posted
- RecallChek scans the photo for the model and serial number from the photo.
- The model and serial number is entered into RecallChek and returned to HomeHubZone description fields
More information about the specific detailed steps, see Send Data Plate Pictures to RecallChek
The appliances that are sent to RecallChek include:
- AC-Evaporator Coil
- Air Conditioner
- Air Handler
- Cook Top
- Electric Service Panel
- Garage door opener
- Heat pump
- Microwave Oven
- Packaged HVAC
- Range Hood
- Standalone Freezer
- Sub / Distribution Panel
- Swamp Cooler
- Water Heater
- Water softener