The ISN (Inspection Support Network) integration allows inspections created in ISN to flow into your HomeHubZone™ account and allows you to post the inspection through ISN.
- Whenever a new inspection is created in ISN, it will be created in HomeHubZone™.
- When you change the inspection date/time in ISN, the date/time will be updated in HomeHubZone™.
- The "order" of the inspection within ISN must be marked as complete and not be cancelled or deleted.
- If you delete the inspection from ISN, it will also be deleted from HomeHubZone*
- If you change the buyer or agent, it will be changed in HomeHubZone.
- Inspections without a real address will not be added to HomeHubZone
- When you post the inspection, a link will be added to the ISN order and the inspection will be marked as complete. This will trigger any ISN email events you have triggered.
Note: If you change the address, that will not be reflected in HomeHubZone. You will also have to change it in HomeHubZone.
Important: If you have multiple ISN users, you must use their individual ISN keys in HomeHubZone or they will see inspections that are not assigned to them. The ISN admin user will get everyone's inspections.
To configure the integration, you first need to generate a set of ISN access keys from within the ISN application (www.inspectionsupport.net). These keys will be used by the HomeHubZone™ application to collect data about your inspections in the ISN application. HomeHubZone™ never writes data or deletes data from your ISN account. The keys that you generate can be revoked at any time from within ISN to stop HomeHubZone™ from having access to your data.
To create a set of access keys:
- Click Settings -> My Access Keys
- Click the Generate New Keys button
- Save the Company Key, Access Key and Secret Access Key values. You will enter these into the HomeHubZone™ application.
To setup your HomeHubZone™ account:
- Login to your HomeHubZone™ account on the web-portal
- Navigate to Settings
- Click ISN Integration
- Enter your values for the three fields: ISN Company key, ISN Access key, ISN Secret key
- Make sure that the ISN Integration Enabled checkbox is checked
- If you want to post through ISN, make sure the Post Report Links to ISN checkbox is checked
You are now setup. HomeHubZone™ automatically looks for new data in your account several times per hour. You don't need to do anything special for the inspection to show up in your HomeHubZone™ account.
* - Only inspections that have not had concerns or photos added to them will be deleted.
For information on posting through ISN, see https://homehubzonehelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/219975028-Posting-to-ISN